Note to self: Do not give this blog address to any medical professionals who work with Ava. I am supposed to be keeping her away from her germ-carrying two-year-old brother, but that is easier said than done. Jack loves his baby sister so much and doesn't understand when I tell him he can't touch her or get close to her. I felt like he was missing out on bonding with her. So, I've been slacking on keeping them apart. I pray that it doesn't backfire.
My friend Kalee has two girls the same ages as my two. Evelyn loves holding baby Collins on a boppy pillow. Seeing Kalee's pics made me realize Jack was missing out.
Jack has discovered the joy of holding his sister
Ava is doing well with her surgery recovery except for her eating. She is still not getting enough formula in. We go to our pediatrician tomorrow and the UAB cardiology clinic in Dothan on Wednesday. I am nervous about their reactions to the amount she's been eating, but I'm also looking forward to deciding what our next step will be.
Bad dream?
Beautiful baby with her long lashes
Jack's best friends is Hudson Pettis and he has come over to play a couple of times in the past weeks. They love playing together at church too. Hudson is very patient with Jack's bossy personality.
Jack & Hudson
Mommy & Jack Jack
I have saved the best topic from the past couple of weeks for last. There are some children I am blessed to have in my life who have been a testimony to me. It is clear biblically that Jesus valued young children and their simplistic faith when he was on the earth. These two little girls are the perfect example of this faith. They have been praying for Ava with guidance from their prayerful mothers and both demonstrated their faithfulness to Ava in pictures.
Evie Kirkland made a poster about Ava for school. It says: "Ava burgess is about 8 weeks old. She will go to church with me when she is strong enough. Ava had heart surgery in Birmingham January 24, 2013. Ava needs heroes like us so she can be big and strong."
Isabella Canalejo drew this picture for her AWANA program at church. She was learning how to pray and was asked to draw a picture of something she prays for.
She drew Ava in a hospital crib.

There is another little one, Madie Williams, who prays for Ava also. We are blessed to have these girls praying for our girl. I am also thankful for their mamas and daddies.
'Till next time,
Krystal
We love your baby girl and can't wait to hold her and play with her! She is such a testimony to God's grace!
ReplyDelete