Thursday, October 25, 2012

I had an appointment with my doctor here in Dothan today (Dr. P). I had an ultrasound, which I was very excited about. It's been a while since I've had one that wasn't focused just on her heart. Today I got to see her whole little self and enjoy trying to sneak a peak at her face, hands, and feet. She is typically very active and has to be chased around the screen, but today she was being stubborn. We were trying to get a good shot of her profile, but she buried herself down in my hip bone and wouldn't move. Hmmmm...she may have a bigger stubborn bone that even her brother!

My main question for today was how she was growing. The last time we had a full ultrasound in Birmingham, they said she was only in the 20th percentile in size. I was curious to see if the conclusion was the same today since Dothan had reported her to be in the normal range early on. Thankfully, she was measuring in the 52nd percentile and was right on track at over 4 pounds! That was very comforting. Dr. P did say that her growth will probably slow down towards the end due to the Downs. It was also noted that it looks like she has a lot of hair! I can't wait to see what she looks like...I'm hoping for a little blondie like I was.

After reviewing the latest report from B'ham, Dr. P said they mentioned the possibility of me coming up there a month ahead of time. WHAT?! Two weeks was bad enough. I think they are being a little unreasonable, especially since I have an almost two-year-old to also think about. Of course if her life depended on it, I'd go today, but that is not the impression they gave me. In fact, they were still considering letting me deliver in Dothan at the last visit. So I think camping out up there for a month is a little extreme. I trust that the Lord will give us clearer guidance as we get closer to December. He is the only one who knows exactly the minute she is coming.

I am so deeply grateful for my doctor and nurses here in Dothan. I feel like we've been through a lot together the past few years and that they genuinely care about my family. Boy does that make all the difference in the world! God has provided so many "cushions" along this journey, one of which being a great medical team.

Our next appointment will be November 5th in Birmingham. Oh yeah...and I'll be 33 weeks on Saturday.

And just a reminder of what big brother looked like as a newborn:



No comments:

Post a Comment