They took her chest tube out this morning. I should have left the room for that since it is very painful. It is hard to think about what all this tiny baby has been through in her short life. But I am forever mindful of those who have it much worse. When they started to take the central line out of her neck to move it somewhere else, I said, "I think I'll go eat lunch now!" I really wish that we had her nurse from the last two days here today to handle this setback. Our nurse today is wonderful as well, but is just new to Ava.
Benji, his parents, and my parents left this morning. It is strange to walk through the waiting room during the day and not see our little group by the window. Benji has had a stomach virus so he hasn't been in the ICU since Friday. But I have numerous friends and family I could call to come up here at any time...so do not drive back up here, Mom!
Some newborn pics by S.Stephens Photography
Just now getting caught up (although I've been praying for you and yours - for peace most of all - this week ;o) Poor little thing; that's an awful lot to go through in so short a time.
ReplyDeleteWill continue to keep you and yours in my prayers; I hope that the worst of it is over and she'll improve by leaps and bounds from here on out.
*Hugs!*
Krystal, Keep my number close by!! I am always capable of dropping everything just to stroll the halls with you. I mean seriously, my plan for tomorrow was to continue my cleaning house project...I could TOTALLY skip that.
ReplyDelete