Saturday, January 26, 2013

Making Improvements

Today is day 3 in the ICU and Ava is continuing to make improvements. Yesterday, she was taken off nasal oxygen and is doing well on room air. She had a slightly elevated temperature throughout the day, but it never spiked. A big positive about being in here is that we've been able to see Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy. I got to hear how she's doing in these areas and things I can be doing to work on 0-3 months skills in these areas. They will also get the ball rolling for Early Intervention in Dothan. 

Ava has continued to eat well, which is an important factor in her progress. She still sounds pretty "junky" with her breathing, so respiratory therapy is continuing to work with her. The doctor was considering moving her to the cardiac floor today, but there isn't a bed available right now. Hopefully she'll have a room tomorrow and will be out of ICU. 

The nurses put this bow on her...I think it needs to be a little bigger

All of her contraptions in ICU

Wide awake this morning and looking like her old self


Praise God for all the progress Ava has made since that first day! Praise God also for the peace he has brought us during this hospital stay. I am amazed at how little I've stressed and worried. There is so much to learn during adversity. 

Benji is planning to go back to Dothan tomorrow to work and take care of Jack. I will miss his company, but am glad that Jack will have one of his parents back. We tried to Skype with him yesterday, but he got VERY upset when he saw me. It was so hard to hear him crying and saying he wanted to see his mommy. He didn't understand why he could see me on the screen, but not in person. 

Lord willing, today will continue to go smoothly and little Ava will continue to improve. Thank you all for your prayers!

Krystal

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear the wonderful new on our little princess. Looks like she is enjoying her pacci.
    I know Jack will love having his daddy home with him. He has been such a little trooper through all of this. Love all of you and continuing to pray that God will meet all of Ava's needs.

    ReplyDelete