Last Thursday, we had our weekly pediatrician appointment and Ava had gained 2 ounces! She is now weighing in at 7 lbs, 6 oz. Dr. G said that she is doing just fine and that we don't have to come every week any more. We will start having walk-in appointments to see a nurse in between cardiology appointments. The nurse will check her weight and her oxygenation level. We will see the doctor at her regular checkup intervals.
We will go to Birmingham to see the cardiologist on the 18th of this month and will have our ophthalmology and audiology appointments in February. I am a little surprised at how long it has taken to get those appointments. I'm hoping that it was due to the holidays and that things will be quicker in the future.
Some pictures
We all had a little touch of the stomach bug for about a week, so Ava had a few days of decreased appetite and some throwing up. But she got over it and has picked back up on her eating. She is also starting to cry a little more (which is good) and is becoming more alert. It is nice to see that she has the energy to stay awake longer and be more vocal when things are bothering her.
I've been getting Jack back into the routine of going to daycare, which he has not appreciated. He knows that I go back home with Ava and he wants to go with us. He always ends up having a good time with his friends, though. I think I will start letting him stay home some during the week since things are going so well with Ava.
"Look at my tummy, Aba!" (she's not impressed)
"Touch it."
Jack and I went to church today while Benji and Ava stayed home. It was so wonderful to be back in the house of the Lord with my church family. I have sorely missed the teaching, preaching, worship, and fellowship. I look forward to when we can take Ava to meet everyone.
Until next time,
Krystal
No comments:
Post a Comment