Friday, December 28, 2012

Weekly Weight Check


I'm awake!!


Yesterday we went to the pediatrician for Ava's weekly weight check. She had gained one ounce. I was very disappointed to see such little gain, but the doctor was not concerned. She showed me a chart that compared Ava to other kids with DS. She falls right around the 50th percentile on this chart. So she is not gaining weight like a typically developing newborn should, but she is doing just fine compared to other children who are extra special like her. We will keep going back weekly to check her weight. 

Dr. G gave me the go-ahead to let her sleep a little longer at night. Woohoo! All you moms know how great that is! I have been waking her up to eat every three hours around the clock. It has been hard to wake her up during the night to eat when I just want to let her sleep. I'm hoping this will make her want to eat more during the day and will also help her get her days and nights straight. 

Fatigue and sleepiness are still our hurdles with feeding. She just gets so tired and can't stay awake long enough to take in more than 1 1/2 to 2 ounces. A 2 ounce feeding is a very successful feeding for her. We will just keep working on it! 


No more milk, mommy. (with lips clamped down)


We finally have an ophthalmology appointment scheduled for Saturday, February 2nd. We are still waiting on an audiology appointment. 

Big brother Jack continues to be helpful some of the time. When she cries, he says, "I check Aba." And he likes to rock her in her carseat and in the recliner.

Sweetly rocking sister

Taken a fraction of a second before he jerked her head support forward. Good thing babies are flexible!


Jack looking at himself on the iPhone

Hopefully I'll have a Christmas post soon. Have to get some medical bills straightened out first and try to get some housework done...boo.

Krystal 


1 comment:

  1. I so remember those days when life seemed to revolve around feedings. Looks like Jack is a great big brother :) Sweet pictures :)

    ReplyDelete