Monday, December 10, 2012

Adjusting


Having our family all together at home has been interesting, but good. Jack has had a lot of adjusting to do. He really loves his baby sister and tries to help her as much as possible...sometimes too much. But I am very relieved that he sees her as something positive. Benji has been on Jack duty while I take care of Ava. It is very, very strange to have thrown my routine with Jack out the window, but change is good. The flu is going around Jack's daycare right now, so we're trying to keep him away from that until that dies down. 

Meeting his sister for the first time

Swinging Ava "gently"
             

Our days pretty much revolve around feeding, which is not much different from a typical newborn. The difference is that she's a little behind in her skills and she needs a little extra help, like holding her chin up while she eats. She has good feeds and bad feeds, but overall she is increasing her amount. She is also crying when she gets hungry some of the time. In the NICU, she had to be woken up every three hours to eat. 

Didn't need chin support in this pic

Silly faces at 3:30 a.m.

Believe it or not, she's completely asleep

Poor attempt at a picture together 

I know my posts are getting few and far between, but I'm trying. Thank you all so much for caring enough to read the blog and see how Ava is doing. We are so blessed by her already and wouldn't change anything about her. 

'Till next time,
Krystal




3 comments:

  1. thank you for the great update! you look good and I am so happy for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing to see that precious smiling little face! I would say that she 'feels the love'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be still my heart! Thanks for the updates friend! Thinking of you and praying for you often!

    ReplyDelete