Thursday, December 6, 2012

One Tough Little Girl


The Lord continues to answer all of your prayers!! Thank you to all of our prayer warriors who have lifted us up so faithfully for months now. 

Today has been a great day for little miss Ava Caroline! Our main goal for today was feeding. We have been feeding her every 3 hours and she has taken various amounts throughout the day, ranging from about 1/5 of an ounce to 1 1/2 ounces. What a champ! 

Exhausted, but content after a feed

Is that a smile I see?

Ava was eating better for the NICU nurses, so her wonderful daytime nurse and I worked together to match up how we are doing things. Ava is very sensitive to the way she is positioned. She also needs help staying awake and holding her chin up. Her heart is working so hard to overcome it's defects and supply her body that it doesn't leave much energy for eating. That, along with the low tone from the Down Syndrome, cause her to be very tired and to burn a lot of calories. So she has two big strikes against her, but she is learning.

We still haven't heard any plans regarding her eyelid. There was mention of seeing someone on an outpatient basis for it. 

Sweet little toes

We are hoping to go home on Saturday...Praise the Lord!! There was a concern today with her heart rate dropping during feedings that could delay that date, but we are hopeful that it was just a glitch with the equipment not picking up her rate. They will continue to monitor this tonight and tomorrow.  

So our current prayers are for Ava and I to continue to improve our feeding methods and to be home to our other precious baby on Saturday. I'll leave you with a few more pics and will update again tomorrow!

Krystal

Thank you, Father, for seeing fit to bless us with this child!

My heart could just burst when I walk into her room

4 comments:

  1. She is incredible Krystal. In His hands, blessings abound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystal and Benji,
    Ava Caroline is so precious...She favors Jack in her pictures. Can't wait for ya'll to come home. If you need anything, please call. I love seeing all the pictures of Ava each day. Justin and Elisabeth keep me posted. Love ya'll

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the photos...feel as though I'm in the room with her! This little one is already 'melting the hearts' of all! Praying you will get to come home this coming weekend if all is well; know you cannot wait to have Jack and Ava side by side for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, such a sweet little face! I see precious and kissable little cheekies in her future for sure ;o) God is SO awesome in His blessings.

    We will continue to pray for all of you; particularly for an early trip home with Ava (who we are praying will do far, far better than expected with the Father's hand on her). I'm so excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete