Thursday, December 13, 2012

First Pediatrician Appointment

Ava had her first appointment with the pediatrician here in Dothan. Interesting how doctors want us to protect our newborns (especially ones with heart conditions) from germs during flu season, but they also expect us to sit in their waiting room full of kids with the flu. Anyways, Ava had a good checkup. She was one ounce shy of her birth weight. The pediatrician was pleased with her weight gain, which was a huge relief to us! I struggle to get her to eat and have been doubting whether she's getting enough. In the next few weeks, we have appointments with the pediatrician, cardiologist, and ophthalmologist. We are waiting for an appointment with the audiologist to be scheduled. I'm also looking into Early Intervention services. Our future will be full of appointments, therapies, meetings, etc., but they will all be steps towards helping our baby girl be the best that she can be. 

Working hard to eat
 

Resting during a feed

Jack has been a great big brother so far! He keeps saying "Aba born" and runs around the house trying to find her when we move her around. When he wakes up in the morning, he wants to see Ava. He also asks to "feed Aba" and says "I hold Aba". I wish I had more pictures of them together, but he tends to dodge pictures when he sees the cell phone come out. 

Jack has definitely enjoyed his vacation from daycare. Not only did he have a whole week to play at Bill and Pat Glaze's house, but he has also enjoyed doing fun things with his daddy. They've ridden the 4-wheeler, gone to the park, played football, gone to Walmart, eaten breakfast at Hardee's, and much more. He was not happy about going to daycare yesterday and today. 

Riding the 4-wheeler at the Kirklands'

Playing at Bill and Pat's


Park with Bill and Pat

So Jack has had some adjusting to do, but he's also had a lot of special treatment too! A huge thank you to Bill and Pat Glaze for loving and caring for our Jack Jack for a whole week. We will be forever grateful! I'd also like to take a second to thank all of our friends and family who have brought or are bringing food. It has been so wonderful not to have to wonder "what's for supper?" 

Until next time, I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures of Ava Caroline.

A good shot of our girl

1 comment:

  1. Krystal, I love reading your blog. Thank you for keeping all of us posted. Ava is such a blessing. Love the last picture of her. So precious. Our week with Jack can not be put into words. We enjoyed every minute of it. He will always hold a special place in our hearts. Our home seems so empty without our Jack Jack.

    ReplyDelete